I’m a computational linguist, who likes to explore around with deep learning and also to hang around bouldering or just discussing about general things. I love the idea of combining languages and computer science, therefore nlp is one of my passions.
Currently, I’m working as a research associate for the UKP Lab at TU Darmstadt. My main interest is fact checking and its automation. I’m also interested on information validation and its pipeline in general.
Before UKP, I worked for Novatec GmbH, a consultant company with headquarters in Leinfelden Germany. There, I was a machine learning consultant, prototyping solutions for different clients and helping with the design of workshops and lectures about machine learning. Previous to that I interned for several companies, including Mercedes Benz in Germany and in CA, USA, Sony Deutschland GmbH and Compart AG in Boeblingen Germany. For more details see my cv here.
- Jul, 2019, attending LxMLS 2019 as mentor again.
- Jun, 2019, attending Google NLP Summit.
- Apr, 2019, We got a paper accepted at AIED 2019.
- Feb, 2019, Our paper got accepted at ICASSP 2019.
- Jan, 2019, We won (Team PIG from UKP Lab) the first place at the Data Science Society Datathon Hack the news.
- June 14-21, 2018, got accepted as tutor for LxMLS 2018!
- July 20-27, 2017, attended the most enjoyable machine learning summer school (LxMLS).
- An Annotation Protocol for Collecting User-Generated Counter-Arguments using Crowdsourcing, Paul Reisert, Gisela Vallejo, Naoya Inoue, Iryna Gurevych, and Kentaro Inui. In Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED), pp. –, June 2019.
- Context-aware Neural-based Dialog Act Classification on Automatically Generated Transcriptions, Daniel Ortega, Chia-Yu Li, Gisela Vallejo, Pavel Denisov, Thang Vu. In Proceedings of International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2019.
- One Model, Different Languages: Twitter Emotion Classification using Distant Supervision, Jan Weßling, Gisela Vallejo. In Proceedings of Tagung der Computerlinguistik Studierenden (TaCoS), 2017.